Disabling text message previews on your phone provides you another layer of protection against scammers. Allowing previews means that others can easily view sensitive information such as one-time passwords sent to you via text, without even having to unlock your phone.
Disabling these previews can be done in a few simple steps:
- Unlock your phone and open the ‘Settings’ app
- Tap on ‘Notifications’ and then ‘Messages’
- Change the option for ‘Show Preview’ to Off
- Go into your ‘Text Messages’ app and access ‘Settings’ from within the menu
- Tap ‘Notifications’ and then ‘Advanced’
- Select ‘On lock screen’ and change the option to ‘Hide sensitive content’
The security of our members is a top priority which is why we are always looking for new ways to help you protect yourself and your personal information.