As you are no doubt aware, a number of state governments have confirmed a widespread shutdown of all non-essential services to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
I’m writing to let you know that banks have been defined as essential services, which means our Contact Centre and branch will remain open to serve your banking needs.
Branch Hours: Monday-Friday 9.00 am – 2.00 pm
Contact Centre: Monday to Friday 8.30 am – 4.30 pm
To help stop the spread of the virus within the community we ask you to practice social distancing and use our online and telephone banking services whenever possible.
As you can imagine we are also experiencing higher than usual call volumes at the moment, as many of you need to speak to us regarding the impact of COVID-19 on your personal circumstances. While we are doing our utmost to help all our callers as quickly as possible, you may experience increased wait times in peak periods.
We’re here to help
Your financial wellbeing is our number one priority, and we are here to help you during this difficult time. If you are experiencing financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic there are a number of ways we can help ease the strain on your finances, including:
- Defer your home loan repayments up to 6 months, with a check-in at 3 months
- Deferment of all other loan repayments for 3 months
- Priority processing of personal loans if you're in need of emergency funds with establishment fees waived
- Other assistance as needed
To apply for assistance please visit movebank.com.au/assistance
To reduce stress on our members at this time we are also waiving a number of fees and charges. Full details are available on our assistance page.
Help with your everyday banking
The quickest, easiest way to do your everyday banking is using our online services. You can also reach out through these services if you need assistance:
- Access 24/7 through internet banking and the MOVE Bank app
- Live chat - now available on our website
- Telebalance phone banking service (call 1300 362 216 and select option 1)
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
I understand this might be different to the way you usually bank with us, but please be assured our staff can help you overcome any technical challenges you may have.
Cash and cheques
We also wanted to remind you about our options for cash and cheques. Please be aware that cheque processing times may be longer than usual.
- Cash can be withdrawn from ATMs as usual – we recommend CommBank, NAB, ANZ and Westpac ATMS to avoid terminal fees
- Cash can also be deposited or withdrawn at the post office using Bank @ Post – all you need is your Visa debit card
- Cheques can be deposited using Bank @ Post using your Visa Debit card as long as the cheque is made out to the cardholder’s name
We are constantly monitoring changes in the COVID-19 situation and will continue to keep you updated through our website and social media channels. To stay informed, please look to reputable sources such as the Australian Government Department of Health.
Please take care of yourselves, your family and communities during this time.